Still hard to believe that it was only 18 days ago that my life changed forever. Some thoughts that have gone through my mind in the past two and a half weeks about being a mommy…
1. WOW, being a mom is way better than being pregnant!! (This thought crossed my mind very soon after giving birth. haha.)
2. Being a mom feels a lot more natural than I thought it would. Before meeting Arden, I mentally prepared myself for life with a baby. Joey and I had several conversations about how life as we know it was about to change–no more sleeping through the night for a while, no more spontaneous, long dates, dealing with consoling a fussy baby no matter what time it is, etc. But, really, doing the late-night feedings and the consoling and the countless diaper changes and the spit-ups and the getting pooed and peed on (etc.) hasn’t really felt like a sacrifice. It’s felt so right, if that makes sense.
3. Arden is simply perfect. I don’t remember much about the first time I held him (it was a blur!), but I do remember thinking he was perfect.
4. Being a mommy is fun :)
5. I have felt the weight of the responsibility I have now to care for Arden. I have already had to fight off fear of him getting hurt somehow. A human being’s life is in my care…a human with a hope and a future. One for which God has already appointed good works. It’s a lovely, scary thought!
6. He is in God’s hands. I keep having to remind myself that.
7. I love baby-land (what I’m currently calling our house).
8. The feeling of so much love and joy my heart might burst!
<3 All is right. All was in God’s timing. and it’s perfect!