I don’t talk about Joey enough on this blog. So I wanted to write a little tribute post to him… 10 things I love about him!
1. His smile, and the way he looks at me. Makes me feel safe and loved.
2. How hard-working he is. If you follow me on Instagram you saw my last post talking about this very thing as he is rebuilding a porch. I love how he works with his hands and is so, just…well, handy!
3. How much he loves Arden. Arden is so lucky to have Joey as a dad. I can’t wait for the days when Arden and Joey can play catch together, wrestle, play basketball or football… All that fun stuff!
4. The memories we have made together. We have known each other for over four years now. Considering all that has happened in that time frame, four years doesn’t seem that long. But the depth to which we have gone with one another in that small time frame is what links us so closely together.
5. He is funny. He cracks more jokes and is more goofy with me than anyone will EVER know. He seems all serious on the outside, but… He’s not super serious at his core :)
6. He is wise. He is one of those people who seems to ALWAYS have wise things to say. His is a deep wisdom that seems imbedded in his character.
7. He is a man of integrity. He has the same character at home as anywhere else.
8. He is fun! I love how much fun we have with one another doing the simplest things.
9. His simplicity. He really is a simple, easy-to-please guy. I’m learning this more and more. He likes burgers, pizza, and chicken fingers. He likes to play catch (with me. At home. For no reason. For extended periods of time. Maybe there’s another reason why I’m ready for Arden to be able to play catch…;). He likes sports and is faithful to God and his family. There’s something very refreshing about being married to someone so stable and simple, especially as someone who is not so stable or simple…. Though maybe some of that is just a guy/girl thing ;)
10. He loves me :). He really does this well. I am so blessed.