1. Steffany Gretzinger’s album “The Undoing.” It’s been my morning listen on repeat.
2. My current naptime routine. I fought doing anything productive or, heaven forbid, making dinner during naptime for a LONG time, and rightly so, because when you are waking up 2-4 times a night with a baby you need every bit of the 1.5-2 hours of silence during the kids’ naptime to rest. But now that Jane is sleeping through the night, I’ve developed a naptime routine that’s really working. I put the kids down and then before I do ANYTHING I set a timer for 28 min on my phone and lay on the bed for a quick power nap. Then, I do something relaxing, like listen to relaxing music and have a snack, and then I ease back into “work mode.” I do the dishes from lunch and then I start making dinner. This has really been a game-changer. It’s not every night I do this, maybe just 2-3 nights a week (and the other nights I do something quick like quesadillas or pizza for dinner), but it really has made 4-5:30 pm so much easier. When it’s time for dinner, I just heat up the soup/pasta/casserole/WHATEVER and that is it!!
3. Being outside and going on walks with the kids, because this is the best Texas winter I can remember and the sun has been out a lot.
4. Reading through the Gospels. It’s been a while since I’ve concentrated on them. They are just so good.
5. My marriage ❤️ Joey and I are in a really good place. This weekend marks a year from a really low point in our marriage that launched us into marriage counseling. To see how far we’ve come and how good it is now, it really does make all the hard conversations and the pain from that time worth it. It’s been that analogy that marriage is a garden come to life. It takes work and pruning and constant care but the fruit is so worth it.
6. My kiddos playing together and making each other laugh. Exhibit A:
7. JANE TOOK A STEP!!
That’s all for now!